Undo/Redo Option

Kristine December 2, 2017

Hi! Just noticed the undo/redo option for the updated version is no longer available. I accidentally removed an info and the last version allows me to undo/redo everything. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you!

15 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hi Kristine,

Are you referring to the editor on Confluence Cloud?

The undo/redo buttons are only removed from the toolbar, but you can still use the classic shortcuts on your computer, such as:

• Undo Windows Ctrl+Z, Mac COMMAND + Z
  • Redo Windows Ctrl+Y, Mac COMMAND + Y

These will work provided you haven't saved the page yet.

Otherwise, you can revert to your previous version. See Page Versions and History for more information on that.

Finally, I created a feature request in order to return the buttons, since it turns out many users were not familiar with the built-in shortcuts and found the buttons to be easier. Please feel free to vote on the below request and watch it for any updates:

Kind regards,

Shannon

Andrew Williams December 22, 2017

Undo / Redo keyboard commands are no longer working for me.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2017

Hi Andrew,

On the linked feature request above, there's a bug we created for users who are not able to use the keyboard shortcuts for some reason. I'm not sure if you saw it:

Please feel free to comment on that case with your exact specifications so we can understand what is causing the issue exactly.

Regards,

Shannon

Rawn Sim July 5, 2018

WHY WHY WHY?! remove a feature that was previously there?!

Like # people like this
Cindy Celata April 3, 2019

not having an undo, is not just annoying and time consuming, i consider that to be a lack of functionality.  just because its functioning as designed doesnt make the design good.  its a bug.

Like # people like this
Owen Bolwell July 15, 2019

yes agree... why get rid of such a fundamental tool?? And the Command+Z doesn't work on my new macbook pro btw... Firefox / latest OS....so what can we do?

Like # people like this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 16, 2019

@Rawn Sim@Cindy Celata@Owen Bolwell - 

Thank you for providing your feedback on this thread, but do also make sure to provide it on the feature request to return the functionality: 

We also have an ongoing discussion where users are welcome to provide their feedback to the product manager in Discussion: Try out the new editing experience

Owen - I can confirm that Command+Z should work on a brand new MacBook Pro on Firefox with the latest OS, as that is the exact setup I have. If it still not working for you please reach out on the case below with your exact configuration, since some users have noted the same behavior, mostly with an external keyboard. Even if you aren't using an external keyboard, please leave your details below:

• CONFCLOUD-58187 Undo Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+z is not working when using external keyboard

Note that if you're not able to vote or comment there, you may need to log in first.
Thank you again.
Regards,
Shannon
Nikki Ng August 26, 2019

When are we getting back the un-do function?

Like karl likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 27, 2019

Hi Nikki,

I've had a look at the open feature request, and it appears that the feature is currently under consideration. 

If you haven't already, please vote on the feature request and you will be added to the list of watchers automatically. You will then receive updates on this in the future.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Shannon

Jamie A Brown April 30, 2020

Hi Shannon where can we vote for this feature request ? 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 1, 2020

Hi @Jamie A Brown,

It looks like votes have been closed on the feature request I shared, due to now being in the status of Under Consideration. In case you want to be kept abreast of the updates, click Start watching this issue on the link below.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that!

Thank you again, and do let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Shannon

Andrew Bull August 28, 2020

As a returning longstanding Confluence user I also express interest in the reintroduction of undo/redo options in the new editor. As reported by Owen above the Command + Z feature for Undo/Redo does not work for me on an Apple MacBook Pro 2019 or the latest 2020 edition.

Please record my interest in fix for the following:

Regards
Andy

1 vote
nyous May 28, 2020

Hi Shannon,

The same happened to me yesterday and I lost a whole chapter I had written on the page. I am not used to work with a lot of shortcut and I wonder why such an important functionality should be hidden.

Thanks for fixing the problem.

Regards

nyous May 28, 2020

Hi again

Reading this chain of messages I notice that this issue is being reported by many users since 2017. It is somehow ridiculous to take it "under consideration" for such a long time and not do anything about it. This is not really what I call User Friendly.

Like # people like this
1 vote
A R May 26, 2020

I am baffled why there is no undo/redo button. I just accidentally deleted half a page and control Z did not work. Frustrating to say the least. This issue seems to have been going on for 3 years now and I don't think you will fix it.

1 vote
Emily Eichelberger September 9, 2019

Not having an undo option is almost driving me to use Microsoft OneDrive instead of confluence, which is saying a lot. I just accidentally deleted a massive amount of work, but not massive enough for me to revert back because I did even more prior to that. I HIGHLY suggest returning undo and putting it on the roadmap, not just a consideration. 

Jamie A Brown April 17, 2020

I just did the same,   please Atlassian add this feature,  its especially risky when editing with multiple people at one time on a page !

Like Rocío Pérez likes this
0 votes
Gregory Bradley March 11, 2024

I found a work around of sorts, but you lose everything, at least it is something though. 
Same for me Ctrl+Z does not work, and when I chose close, Confluence cloud still saved the changes. Really poor form for Atlassian to remove the undo, redo buttons, ridiculous really.  
I digress, at the bottom right at the three dots, next to Publish, Close buttons, ... , click the three dots and choose "Revert to last published version" . 

This at least allows you to cancel the update, as close still saves what you want to undo.

0 votes
Gonzalo Siles October 5, 2022

I accidentally selected my whole document with something else and immediately the undo button got disable and Control + Z does nothing. I had to revert back to the latest published version and lost a day of work!!!!

0 votes
Stu Smith July 29, 2022

2022 - iMac 12.4

Chrome browser with no extensions.

CMD Z Does NOT work! Lost a ton of edits. What is the deal? How can anyone get anything done in this app?

0 votes
Dillon Bowser July 2, 2021

Undo capabilities still missing....

0 votes
heather.stark March 15, 2021

Command-Z not working on up to date Mac on up to date Chrome.   Sorry, collaborator - I just deleted what you wrote and can't restore it without losing my whole editing session.

0 votes
Rebecca Sonu March 12, 2021

I am about to start the THIRD time to write a documentation because there is NO UNDO BUTTON!!!!!!

It is unbelievable!

For 3 years, you are only discussing this matter. Seriously?

Please, we need this implemented. Not ASAP, but as yesterday as possible.

David Cortés July 14, 2021

Hey hey! me too still having problems with this in IOS- Safari... This is a terrible problem! Please FIX

Like Joachim Käfer likes this
0 votes
Benjamin Workman February 8, 2021

How is this not a feature in 2021? 

0 votes
dmtp January 15, 2021

Dear Atlassian,

Just lost half my Confluence page and an hour of work. Karma will repay you.

Sincerely,

me

0 votes
Chirag Desai November 11, 2020

Extremely annoying to degrade on this functionality. Considering to move away from Altassian to google tools

0 votes
Jorge_Reyes May 21, 2020

Ohh I thought there was a change using another shortcut....but no! it has been removed! what's this? please add this asap!

0 votes
Roberto Reynolds April 29, 2020

Wow, Atlassian? Really?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events