Unchecking "Keyboard Shortcuts" is NOT disabling emoji

Jesse Scott March 29, 2024

I've followed directions for accessing Personal Settings and UNchecking the "Enable" for Keyboard shortcuts.  However, my text is still getting replaced with emoji (e.g. "B:" turns into the face with sunglasses).  I've restarted browser, confirmed that my UNcheck is still set correctly, but it has had no effect.

Can someone tell me how I can turn this off?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Jesse Scott 

This doesn't happen for me with "B:" - does :) still turn into a smiley face?

Is this happening in a specific location - eg. page editing, or comments?

And also - does this happen on other browsers, or in incognito mode? Or is this on a specific device?

Ste

Thanks for the response.  I'm using Chrome, not incognito.  Have not tried other browsers, as Chrome is our standard.  

An interesting note:  The AUTO replacement of the text is happening with "D:" but does not happen with "B:" or other typical emoticons I've tried.  The "D:" is creating an emoji that the mousefloat "description" shows as ":fearful:"

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Jesse Scott 

I gave this a go following instructions to disable emojis on this page, and also found it didn't disable them.

However, Ctrl/Cmnd+Z does work after an emoji has been inserted.

There is a suggestion for this to be allowed without turning off all other shortcuts, see CONFCLOUD-71992 - but I'd also...

Ste

Will do, thanks very much for the help

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events