Unable to export Glossary Terms

David Vaughan August 3, 2022

We are using Confluence on data center v 7.13.2 and the Glossary plugin 5.0.3 https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211800/glossary?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

We have found a couple of issues with this plugin:

1.  Users are unable to export their full list of Glossary terms or by individual letter if the number of entries exceeds around 200 as they receive 3x identical pop up notifications stating "Error in exporting the Excel file!". 
2. Glossaries exist with a parent page and subsequent child pages for each letter. On each page there is a alphabetical header that can be used to select a different letter - you should then navigate to the relevant child page corresponding to the letter you have selected. However, selecting a letter from this header bar takes you to a blank page with confluence informing the user they can't find the page. Selecting the child pages on the left hand side of the page appears to work however. 

Has anyone encountered these issues and knows how to resolve them? Are the issues with Confluence or the Glossary plugin? These issues our long-standing and have persisted through multiple upgrades/a migration from server to data center. 

2 answers

0 votes
Skander Oueslati
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2023

Hello @David Vaughan

Thanks for bringing to our attention this behavior. My name is Skander and I'm part of the Support team Vectors.

We would like to further investigate the issue and identify its source. Please make sure to contact our support team via this link to discuss the situation in more detail.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Skander,

Vectors Support,

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

@David Vaughan I would suggest reaching out directly to the app vendor.  You can reach them through their support channels listed on their listing here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211800/glossary?hosting=datacenter&tab=support 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events