Unable to delete pages on Confluence - no delete option on Tools, even for administrators

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2012

I am not able to see the Delete option for any page, only Move and Copy.

This is happening with all users, including administrators on Confluence 3.5.13

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012

Solved by restarting the jira instance.

1 vote
John Gill February 26, 2018

We are having this issue for a user, added to group with space permissions to delete pages, no delete, added to confluence admins, no delete, added to System Admins for our entire Jira and Confluence cloud instance, still no delete. (obviously we've since moved him back down, but can't find a work around. 

1 vote
Sam Kenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2012

Try and edit the page, and then Remove Page.

0 votes
Michelle Hall November 15, 2018

Need some help - I have a Confluence space that was setup by a former employee and would like to clean that up.  I have all the admin rights but cannot manage, access user permissions, delete, etc this space.  We're using Jira Cloud, if that makes a difference.  Thanks in advance!

0 votes
Anderson Hsu August 30, 2017

I have one page which has the same situation, although we have add all permission in the space for the user. But the user still cannot find delete option in the tool menu. Our confluence is 4.2.1. But when we use space administrator or system administrator to view the same page, we can see delete option in tool menu. What happen to the user setting ? Thanks a lot. 

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2014

Hi Sorin,

Could you describe if you were running Jira as User Managment when this problem happened?

Were this user coming from an LDAP and then Jira?

Thanks,

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2012

Can you have a look in the Space permissions and ensure that users have the "Remove" permission for pages?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events