Unable to click on "search" button in Confluence

Ruth Cochran April 30, 2021

Hi there. I tried to search for something in a confluence sheet, but the search function isn't clickable. I can't seem to find an answer on this anywhere, so maybe it's not a common issue, but I can't search for anything within a confluence space or page. 

2 answers

0 votes
Netset October 31, 2022

Hi

I have the same problem. clicking search button do nothing on Confluence 7.19.1, 7.19.2 and 7.20.1.  on different machines, on different browsers Chrome, Firefox and safari

Netset October 31, 2022

I downgraded to 7.18.2. this version works 

Netset November 1, 2022

It was Refine for Confluence Add-on which needed to be configured and updated.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

@Ruth Cochran Welcome to the Atlassian Community.  

I am assuming you are referencing the search at the top of the confluence page in the header.  I would suggest that if it is not working do the following:

• Clear your browser's cache and try again to see if this resolves the issue.
  • Try using a different browser to see if you get a different result.

Please report back what you find out.

Ruth Cochran May 3, 2021

Hi Brant! Your assumption is correct. I cleared my cache and tried again, it didn't work. 

I downloaded Firefox and tried Safari and that didn't work either. As you can see, the magnifying glass doesn't even align with the rest of the items in the header. Not sure what else to do. Thanks for your help.Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 8.20.22 AM.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

@Ruth Cochran - Are you on a work computer that has anti-virus or something that could be preventing it from functioning?

Ruth Cochran May 3, 2021

Ah...I am on a work computer. That could be it. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

Do you have another computer that you can try?

Ruth Cochran May 3, 2021

I tried on my personal computer, not connected to anything work related, and it still didn't work. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

Are others having the same issue as well?

Ruth Cochran May 3, 2021

One other person on my team that I know of, yes. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2021

@Ruth Cochran Can you confirm that you are on Cloud?

OpsGenie Admin October 26, 2021

Facing same issue on confluence 7.6.2 Server version.... Permission are ok.. Even provided confluence admin permission but still same issue.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

I am assuming this is occurring for everyone in every browser.  Do you have any custom code on your server instance?

OpsGenie Admin November 2, 2021

It's happening for a few users. Not for all users. don't have custom code on server.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2021

Are all the users using the same browser?  Are all the users having issues on an Apple computer?

Dmitriy Lazarev October 23, 2023

Same issue, Chrome on Mac

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events