It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to add text to blog post

Hi 

I am able to add a blog post to a space but unfortunately i can't seem to be able to add a Title or any text.  The only thing i seem to be able to do is select a colour from the menu.

All help appreciated

Thanks

Andy 

1 answer

0 votes

Andrew,

It sounds like this might be a permissions issue(?)

Do you know if you have proper rights to add a blog post to the space/page in question?

Darryl

Hi Darryl

Thanks for the quick response. 

I have taken a look at the permissions on the space setting and can see that i have both Blog add and delete permissions against my Individual user.

When i add the blog i can see the text 'Give this page a title' but am unable to enter any text, also the menu options are greyed out.

Thanks

Andy

Andy,

Have you tried, as a test, to create a blog post on a different space to see if the result is the same?

I'm unable to recreate, but variables between our two environments may be different. I do notice when I create a new blog post on a "legacy" space, it uses the new editor. That said, the fact that you're seeing so much greyed out/unavailable really sounds like permissions somewhere...

Darryl

Darryl 

Will give it a go from another space.  

Thanks for the help 

Andy 

Hi,

I have the exact same issue as the OP. I have tried to create a blog post in multiple spaces and have the same issue. I have checked my permissions and as an administrator I should have add and delete permissions in all spaces, 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hayley

I also have the same issue - Has this been resolved?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

269 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you