Unable to add text to blog post

andrew.kumar@bca.com May 24, 2019

Hi 

I am able to add a blog post to a space but unfortunately i can't seem to be able to add a Title or any text.  The only thing i seem to be able to do is select a colour from the menu.

All help appreciated

Thanks

Andy 

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2019

Andrew,

It sounds like this might be a permissions issue(?)

Do you know if you have proper rights to add a blog post to the space/page in question?

Darryl

Hi Darryl

Thanks for the quick response. 

I have taken a look at the permissions on the space setting and can see that i have both Blog add and delete permissions against my Individual user.

When i add the blog i can see the text 'Give this page a title' but am unable to enter any text, also the menu options are greyed out.

Thanks

Andy

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2019

Andy,

Have you tried, as a test, to create a blog post on a different space to see if the result is the same?

I'm unable to recreate, but variables between our two environments may be different. I do notice when I create a new blog post on a "legacy" space, it uses the new editor. That said, the fact that you're seeing so much greyed out/unavailable really sounds like permissions somewhere...

Darryl

Darryl 

Will give it a go from another space.  

Thanks for the help 

Andy 

Hayley Solan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 20, 2019

Hi,

I have the exact same issue as the OP. I have tried to create a blog post in multiple spaces and have the same issue. I have checked my permissions and as an administrator I should have add and delete permissions in all spaces, 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hayley

marie mogridge October 28, 2019

I also have the same issue - Has this been resolved?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events