Hello there, @Tesia Harrison . Great to have you here, sharing with the community!
This situation does come up from time to time here in the Community. Linking to Confluence´s internal assets can be useful in some scenarios. With this in mind, a report has been raised to tackle the feature. You can check more details about it here:
There is a workaround there that describes a way for us to fetch the attachment link by ourselves. Here is how:
- Go to the page that contains the attachments
- Insert the Attachments Macro
- Set it to display all attachments
- Publish the page
- Search for the attachment that you need to link
- Click with the right mouse button on the attachment name that you need
- Select to “Copy link”, “Save Link address” or the equivalent of your browser
- Go back into Edit mode of that page
- Remove the attachment macro
- Select the text where you need to create the link
- Paste the link you copied from the Attachments Macro into the Link Address field
- Publish the page
The downside of this workaround is that users will need to right-click the link and select to open in another tab or use the mouse middle click. Otherwise, the link will open in the current page.
As a good course of action, I encourage you to go to the report that I linked at the start to vote and watch it, Tesia. Voting helps increase the visibility and watching will keep you up to date with everything posted there. If you feel inclined to, you could also share your feeling about this situation there on the ticket.
I hope this helps you out, Tesia. Looking forward to your reply!
Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events