Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Link Text to an Attachment

Tesia Harrison December 3, 2019

Unable to link text to an attachment in Confluence article. When I select specific text and click the link icon, it only gives me the option to link to a URL and not to an attachment. Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 1.57.51 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

Hello there, @Tesia Harrison . Great to have you here, sharing with the community!

This situation does come up from time to time here in the Community. Linking to Confluence´s internal assets can be useful in some scenarios. With this in mind, a report has been raised to tackle the feature. You can check more details about it here:

There is a workaround there that describes a way for us to fetch the attachment link by ourselves. Here is how:

1. Go to the page that contains the attachments
  2. Insert the Attachments Macro
  3. Set it to display all attachments
  4. Publish the page
  5. Search for the attachment that you need to link
  6. Click with the right mouse button on the attachment name that you need
  7. Select to “Copy link”, “Save Link address” or the equivalent of your browser
  8. Go back into Edit mode of that page
  9. Remove the attachment macro
  10. Select the text where you need to create the link
  11. Paste the link you copied from the Attachments Macro into the Link Address field
  12. Publish the page

The downside of this workaround is that users will need to right-click the link and select to open in another tab or use the mouse middle click. Otherwise, the link will open in the current page.

As a good course of action, I encourage you to go to the report that I linked at the start to vote and watch it, Tesia. Voting helps increase the visibility and watching will keep you up to date with everything posted there. If you feel inclined to, you could also share your feeling about this situation there on the ticket.

I hope this helps you out, Tesia. Looking forward to your reply!

Tesia Harrison December 5, 2019

Thanks Diego! This workaround worked. I'll also watch the ticket!

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Wonderful, glad to hear that the workaround helped you! Come share with us in the future, @Tesia Harrison

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events