UWC Twiki attachment import

Andrew Hoult June 19, 2011

Hi,

I've managed to successfully import our old twiki text into confluence and with html plugin enabled things look promising...

However, all the attachments are missing despite seemingly using the correct path for the attachments. There are many of them within subfolders under the twiki/pub/company directory.

I'm using the java gui applet under server 2008 after copying across files from a linux twiki server.

As mentioned- I can connect to confluence just fine and upload pages but I see no attachment activity in the GUI at all.

Do I have to convert attachments one folder at a time??

2 answers

2 votes
Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2011

Just as a follow-up for future readers, this went over to support, and Andrew figured out that he needed to set his attachment directory one directory level higher than he had been setting it.

So, for example: he was using directory: /some/path/pub/something

and he needed to set it to: /some/path/pub.

(Andrew, did I describe that correctly?)

Ada Lin May 4, 2015

Hi, Laura I have the same question with Andrew that I see no attachment activity in the GUI of UWC. I have copied the pub directory from TWiki server to my computer. How to set the path to successfully upload files to confluence? Thanks.

1 vote
Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2011

I'm hearing that you've set your attachment directory already, but you're not getting attachments uploaded.

I think I would need to see your uwc.log to help diagnose what's going on. (Could be config related, could be you've hit a bug.)

Here's what I'd like you to do:

1. turn on debug logging
  2. Rerun your conversion so it will be captured in the log with debug messages
  3. Upload it somewhere I can get access to it. Unfortunately, that does not appear to be here, as I don't see a way for you to post an attachment. I suppose you could email it to me. Or maybe open a support.atlassian.com ticket? If you ask them to cc me, then you'd be able to provide your log file as an attachment to that issue.

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events