It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Two spaces displaying different navigations: why?

Matthias I'm New Here Monday

Hi,

I'm new to Confluence (joined the trial today).

So far I created two spaces

1) Global
2) Blank

Global was set up automatically when I joined filled with sample information, Blank set up by myself (using Blank theme) where I try to replicate the look of Global.

So far so good, however: the top navigation bar looks different in the two spaces

Global:

Screenshot Global.png

Blank:

Screenshot Blank.png

In "Global" I can choose "{} Markup" from "+", in "Blank" I can't. Even when choosing "... View more" in "Blank" I can't see "{} Markup"

Why are they different? What can I do to see "{} Markup" in "Blank" too?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
carolyn french Community Leader Monday

Hi Matthias, and welcome!

From your screenshots, looks like one is the old editor (Global) and one is the new editor (Blank) in Confluence. 

Unfortunately, wiki markup is not in the new editor though.

See this Roadmap page for feature comparison and you can vote on the features you want (links on that page to Jira issues):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-cloud-editor-roadmap-967314556.html

Matthias I'm New Here yesterday

Thank you very much for your answer Carolyn. I really don't get why atlassian would remove such a feature which gave many more option to customise Macros.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

What's New in Confluence Cloud – November 2019 Edition

Hey community! This month we’re excited to share brand new features to help you make your mark on Confluence. If you haven’t already, check out our updates from October and September too! Expre...

57,546 views 165 92
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you