Turn off Confluence Template Suggestions?

Sam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2024

Some background: I have about fifteen years of mediawiki editing experience; my new role has me using Confluence for our internal documentation. It has not been a pleasant transition — frequently, Confluences pop-ups and suggestions are wholly in the way of me doing my job.

Is there a way to turn off the suggestions for templates? When I start a blank article, I'd like exactly that: a blank article.

edit: while I'm here, is there any way to turn off the obnoxious gamification on these atlassian community pages? I get that it's supposed to be "fun", but when you start mildly annoyed with the product, blowing up my inbox to congratulate me for posting does little to spark joy.

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

Hi @Sam 

In terms of emails, I'd try turning off notifications from this page, and see if that helps - https://preferences.atlassian.com/

---

You can delete or disable a template; check out this support page (for Spaces), and this page (for global)

But I don't believe you can turn off the "suggested template" feature at this time - as @Dan Breyen mentioned I'd vote for/watch relevant feature requests for this, such as CONFCLOUD-76443 

Ste

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2024

Hi @Sam welcome to the community.  I'm not aware of existing functionality to disable templates.  I know you can permanently delete them if you're not going to use them.

I see there's some requests to do what you've requested. You can vote for and watch them.  I found these 2:

CONFCLOUD-2370  CONFCLOUD-76443 

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events