Turn off Confluence Template Suggestions?

Sam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2024

Some background: I have about fifteen years of mediawiki editing experience; my new role has me using Confluence for our internal documentation. It has not been a pleasant transition — frequently, Confluences pop-ups and suggestions are wholly in the way of me doing my job.

Is there a way to turn off the suggestions for templates? When I start a blank article, I'd like exactly that: a blank article.

edit: while I'm here, is there any way to turn off the obnoxious gamification on these atlassian community pages? I get that it's supposed to be "fun", but when you start mildly annoyed with the product, blowing up my inbox to congratulate me for posting does little to spark joy.

2 answers

1 vote
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

Hi @Sam 

In terms of emails, I'd try turning off notifications from this page, and see if that helps - https://preferences.atlassian.com/

---

You can delete or disable a template; check out this support page (for Spaces), and this page (for global)

But I don't believe you can turn off the "suggested template" feature at this time - as @Dan Breyen mentioned I'd vote for/watch relevant feature requests for this, such as CONFCLOUD-76443 

Ste

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2024

Hi @Sam welcome to the community.  I'm not aware of existing functionality to disable templates.  I know you can permanently delete them if you're not going to use them.

I see there's some requests to do what you've requested. You can vote for and watch them.  I found these 2:

CONFCLOUD-2370  CONFCLOUD-76443 

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events