Trying to save a Confluence page in Firefox, the save button gets covered by a bubble popup that says "Save your page (Ctrl+"s")

Trying to save a Confluence page in Firefox, the save button gets covered by a bubble popup that says "Save your page (Ctrl+"s") Its super annoying since it blocks me from actually saving the page. Anyone know how to get rid of the bubble? In Chrome, the bubble appears but doesn't block the Save button.

4 answers

Are you able to save the page by pressing Ctrl+S? I've had the same issue, so I just use the shortcut keys since I haven't been able to remove the bubble either.

I've been looking into this issue for one of our users. Best I can tell, confluence has two different tool-tip messages for some reason. Both say "Save your page" but one includes the word 'Type' and some apostrophes.  The slightly longer message causes it to wrap inside the tool-tip making the tool-tip  cover the save button. It baffles me why there would be a need for two different messages, and I can't figure out what causes the longer one to be triggered.

Shorter:

save_your_page.png

Longer:

save_your_page_type.png

The links above refer to a bug of a server version while I suffer at the cloud Confluence.

It is not blocking yet quite annoying.

Is there a known workaround?

UPD: Seems like I've found a workaround - switch from English (US) to English (UK)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,563 views 26 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you