I am the Site Owner of Confluence. A vendor of mine has a Cloud Confluence Space we'd like to import into my Instance in the cloud.
He has gone into Administration > Content Tools > Selected Export (XML) and then given me the .zip file.
When I choose Import Space and select the .xml file, I receive the following generic Error:
I have already triaged several of the suggested potential issues, including:
1) This is a cloud to cloud import of a single space
2) User Group Conflicts should not exist due to merging capability for cloud to cloud
3) Space Names are not in conflict
4) Proper Access rights for Site Admin in place
Thanks for reaching out to us about this! We'll be able to have a look at your site's logs and help determine the reason for the error.
Can you go ahead and raise a ticket with us at support.atlassian.com so we can have a look?
I do not see that you were successful in uploading the zip to the ticket. The message says you can try from transfer.atlassian.com in order to upload the file. instead. Are you able to access from that link?
I noticed the file you attempted to upload might be generated on macOS. Is that right? Is there any chance that you unzipped and re-zipped the backup using Finder? Sometimes that can cause issues, so if you're able to get the original file again, could you try to import that onto your instance?
- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events