Trying to import Confluence Cloud Space from one instance to a new Instance - Getting general Error

james January 3, 2020

I am the Site Owner of Confluence. A vendor of mine has a Cloud Confluence Space we'd like to import into my Instance in the cloud.

He has gone into Administration > Content Tools > Selected Export (XML) and then given me the .zip file.

When I choose Import Space and select the .xml file, I receive the following generic Error:

Confluence Import Error.png
I have already triaged several of the suggested potential issues, including:

1) This is a cloud to cloud import of a single space

2) User Group Conflicts should not exist due to merging capability for cloud to cloud

3) Space Names are not in conflict

4) Proper Access rights for Site Admin in place

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2020

Hi James,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! We'll be able to have a look at your site's logs and help determine the reason for the error.

Can you go ahead and raise a ticket with us at support.atlassian.com so we can have a look?

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

james January 6, 2020

Thanks Shannon,

I have submitted a ticket.

I tried attaching the Confluence backup in question, I'm not sure it uploaded but I didn't see any errors after submitting the ticket.

We'll see...

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

Hi James,

I do not see that you were successful in uploading the zip to the ticket. The message says you can try from transfer.atlassian.com in order to upload the file. instead. Are you able to access from that link?

I noticed the file you attempted to upload might be generated on macOS. Is that right? Is there any chance that you unzipped and re-zipped the backup using Finder? Sometimes that can cause issues, so if you're able to get the original file again, could you try to import that onto your instance?

Regards,

Shannon

james January 7, 2020

Safari was set to automatically unzip files! This was causing the issue. I have turned that off.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2020

Hi James,

That's great, thank you for confirming that was happening. Happy to hear you were able to proceed.

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events