Trying to contact support for a technical issue - no form I can fill in and send

Deleted user March 10, 2020

Hi,

I am trying to contact atlassian support for a technical issue. I fill in "What can we help you with", "Which product is it for?", I select "Cloud product" and I enter the correct URL of our company, but the only result I get is two buttons: "Explore Community" and "View Documentation"... I don't need any of that - I have a technical issue and I need your help, atlassian...what am I doing wrong?

Thanks...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2020

Hello @[deleted],

Thank you for letting us know about that. I'm so sorry you've having trouble reaching support. I can certainly help you with your problem, but I just wanted to clarify for you why you're not getting the option to raise a support ticket.

The reason you'd get that message is either:

1. The URL you provided is from a free Cloud account and thus not eligible for support via the support portal, (see our Support Offerings for more details).
  2. Or, the account you're using to log the ticket is not one of the admins or named contacts for the URL you entered. 

According to the information I have on file for you, if you are reporting an issue with the cen****e.atlassian.net domain, the Atlassian ID you are logged in with is listed as a User only, and not an admin. Thus, you are not eligible to raise a support request for that domain.

I want to assure you that even though your question came into our Community instead of the support portal, we have a support team committed to answering questions on Community. In the event that an individual ticket needs to be created, we can take care of that for you and continue to work on the case from there.

If you'd like to proceed here, please let me know exactly what issue you're encountering. If you do prefer a support ticket, you can have your site admin raise that request for you and ask that the support team add you as a participant.

Let me know if that's clear or if you have any additional questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

Hi @Shannon S Thank you for your response. This is very surpring to me as I have created 3 support tickets in the past. The last one was in November 2019... would this mean that one of our administrators changed my user rights in the meantime?

Best,

Timur

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2020

Hi @[deleted],

It used to be possible to raise tickets as any user on the site or even via email, but it is something that changed recently. So no worries, it's not likely your administrators changed your user rights.

Again, sorry about this, just let me know if there's anything I can help you with!

Shannon

Deleted user March 13, 2020

Hi @Shannon S 

Well, this is not satisfying for our company because now around 25 people must contact one of our three administrators (who already have more than enough work), explain them the problem and the admins must contact your support and finally report each of your answers to the guy who originally raised a question.... and no, there is no way those 25 people get admin-status just in order to have the possibility to raise support-tickets.

Thanks anyway...

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2020

Hello @[deleted],

Unfortunately, a lot of the cases that are reported to us from end-users are due to either customizations that have been applied, or lack of permissions. Many of the permissions issues can be resolved directly with the admin without having to go through support. 

In addition, many of the troubleshooting steps that we will require in troubleshooting can only be performed by a site admin. Before we're able to help on a case, we need confirmation of being able to access the site, and this can only be provided by a site admin. It's for the security of our customers and their Cloud sites. For these reasons, by allowing cases to only be created by administrators, we are able to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

That's not to say that Community isn't still a good place to get support with Atlassian products. The Community Support team consists of engineers, many of which have already worked in Atlassian Support for several years. We're in direct contact with the rest of the support teams, the product managers, and developers. We can help end users with their usability questions, suggest customizations, and move it to a support ticket if it needs a more bespoke resolution.

I hope that helps clarify things for you, but do let me know if you have any other doubts or concerns!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

Are you on free plan? If so you only have the community support.

The documentation says :

Free

The Free plan is for small teams of fewer than 10 people who are just getting started with Jira.

On the Free plan you get:

• Up to 10 users (or 3 agents for Jira Service Desk)
  • 2 GB of file storage
  • Atlassian Community support

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/jira-cloud-plans-972338880.html

Hi @Mohamed Benziane 

I don't think we are on free plan as we are 25-30 users. According to @Shannon S it has something to do with user rights or status. I will check with her.

I appreciate your response!

Cheers,

Timur

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events