Trouble Restoring a Confluence Export

Jonathan K January 19, 2022

I am trying to restore a confluence site that I had to get access to my backed up materials. I try to follow the instructions by going to Settings->Import Spaces->Import Your Space Export. It uploads and reaches close to the end of the progress bar and states:

To be clear I have a fresh, paid standard cloud subscription.

Try Coming Back Later

Open a new tab

Refresh this page

You could also be out of memory

I have 64GB of ram available, I opened a new tab, refreshed the new page and tried coming back later

Here is the descriptor file from the backup. I am restoring to a new cloud instance. The backup is 8GB in size.

exportDescriptor.properties file

#Mon Oct 01 09:38:25 UTC 2018
source=cloud
buildNumber=6169
createdByVersionNumber=1000.0.0-cb08d63037c
ao.data.version.com.atlassian.mywork.mywork-confluence-host-plugin=1000.1.6
ao.data.version.min.com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-space-ia=5.0
timezoneId=America/Los_Angeles
exportType=all
createdByBuildNumber=6452
backupAttachments=true
defaultUsersGroup=confluence-users
ao.data.list=com.atlassian.mywork.mywork-confluence-host-plugin, com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-space-ia
ao.data.version.min.com.atlassian.mywork.mywork-confluence-host-plugin=1.1.30
ao.data.version.com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-space-ia=1000.0.33

Hopeing someone can help?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

Hi @Jonathan K

II suggest you go through the troubleshooting options in this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restoring-a-space-152036.html

I hope it helps

Jonathan K January 20, 2022

The problem (answered by support) is there is a magical 200MB limit placed on restore. It seems that perhaps atlassian has scale issues on the back end for restore. I am trying the restore now but it will take eight hours to determine if this fixes the issue. I will post once completed. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events