Trial license question

Hsu Yao Chang November 7, 2015

Dear all, 

We have download a trial license from confluence, but it always show the message at the dashboard. Would it be possible to make it invisibility at the dashboard? (EVALUATION LICENSE Are you enjoying Confluence? Please consider purchasing it today.)Thank you.

trial serial.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2015

It's a trial, it is reminding you that you have not paid for Confluence.

The way to get rid of is it to buy a licence.

1 vote
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2015

Nic is correct, the best way to get rid of this message is to buy a license. It's only $10 and it's available in China, if that's where you are located.

The latest version of Confluence is 5.8. Why are you running 4.2 (from 2012)? I'm interested if you can explain. Do you have a problem with upgrading Java or upgrading your hardware? Or do you prefer the features of this version?

Atlassian's End of Life policy says 2 years, so the earliest supported platform is 5.3.

0 votes
Robert Wöhnhart November 10, 2015

Hello,

Another question. I want to test JIRA for ~ 1 week.

Generally this should be free.

However JIRA asks me to provide payment information. Do I autiomatically have to pay $ 10 even tough I only want to evaluate it for a week?

Or will just just end after 7 days (locking me out, unless I pay) and that's it?

Thx wink

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2015

Note: No-one will see your question if there's already an answer marked as Accepted. Better ask a new question.

• With all Atlassian products, evaluations are 1 month, free
  • They won't charge you automatically (except for auto-renewed Cloud services),
  • The payment information is not necessary until the end of the month.

In general you're not locked out of a product. For example Confluence just goes read-only. There are many different situations, for example $10 licenses are perpetual, and only upgrades can't be downloaded after 1 year.

Like Joshua R Wilkes likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events