The watch icon seems to have disappeared from all space pages except the home page.

Margaux LeBlanc March 14, 2024

Hello Product Experts!

We think our minds are playing tricks on us. We could swear there used to be an eyeball "watch" icon on each page in our space to "watch" a page. Just today we noticed the eyeball icon had disappeared on every page in the space except the welcome page. We see there is a button to "follow" on each page, but all the confluence help articles specifically mention to use the eyeball icon. Do you know what changed here? Is "Follow" the new eyeball icon?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2024

I see the same behavior.  I do believe that follow replaces the eyeball on the pages.

0 votes
Margaux LeBlanc May 22, 2024

Thank you all for your confirmation!

0 votes
Laurel Ingle April 15, 2024

I found the eye!!!! It is found under the all content view, but not seen on the page itself.Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 1.26.22 PM.png

Hi Laurel, thank you! So I think clicking that sets up notifications to watch all content in the space. Still a good function, but to watch an individual page I think it is now listed as "Follow." At least that's what I've found so far!

Laurel Ingle May 22, 2024

The eyeball is only on that specific page for me. So for me, this is working the same as previously.

Laurel Ingle May 22, 2024

The eyeball is also back on all my pages and I cannot even find Follow today. So maybe things have been changed?

Gosh darn it, they eyeball is back! Seems so, time to update instruction manuals.

0 votes
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2024

I don't see this in my Confluence or Jira (yet), but I guess I'll keep my eye out for an article announcing this, an item in next week's release notes, or both.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events