The output PDF file is not the same as when previewing the document on the web

Deleted user November 26, 2020

Dear Confluence Team,

After I finished writing a series of documents on Confluence, I wanted to export it to PDF format for easy storage and sending to my partner. However, the output format was relatively disappointing to me. I don't really know how to fix it so that it doesn't get any error like the image below because everything looks perfect on the web. This error is in PDF and Word formats.

After finding out I have referred to the topic below.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/customize-exports-to-pdf/

However, it still doesn't address my need to force all the content to be on the page. I have tried to add the code below to re-styling the content as I output it.

@page
{
/*A4-sized pages in landscape orientation are 297 mm wide by 210 mm long*/
size: 297mm 210mm;
width: 100%;
height: auto;
}

But, things are not working :/

1. PDF view

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 17.55.38.png

2. Online viewScreen Shot 2020-11-26 at 17.56.18.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2020

Hello @[deleted] !

There is also a chance that you are affected by the bug report here:

A possible workaround to this situation is located in the report itself. It involves using PDF stylesheets or sections instead of tables.

Let us hear from you!

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2020

Hi,

I believe you are referring to the cut picture of the RFID reader whilst you expect that the column is fitting on one page, right?

PDF exports seems having some open Suggestion and Bugs. One that I found is:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66173

Please make sure you vote for it ("this affects my team") as well to watch it ("Start watching this issue") to be informed about the progress.

The workarounds listed there did not work for you, am I right?
Apart from if they work or not - CSS stylesheets putting into space settings is not everyone's cup of tea - so a sustainable fix would be better.

Please vote for the Bug mentioned above in any case - probably somebody here can come up with a solution you can apply meanwhile.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events