Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The expand macro created in template shows up expanded when the template is used

Akila Giridharan April 20, 2021

I tried creating a template. One of the functionalities I used was the Expand macro. I successfully created one and inputted the text for the exapanded area. I even saved it. However , when I go to use the template, the text shows in the expanded form like a regular text box. Kindly help and point out my mistake... 

Warm regards, 

Akila 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2021

Hi Akila,

Thank you for reporting this, and welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to have you join us.

Could you show us an example of how your template looks and how a page created from that template appears? Please show those screens from the editor view. You may need to cover up any private information.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Shannon

Akila Giridharan April 27, 2021

I am attaching 3 screenshots -

Screenshot 1  - where I used the Expand macro to set up the template.

Screenshot 2 - the text in the Expand macro

Screenshot 3 - the template being used and the expand macro shows with the expanded text. 

Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Or am I understanding the functionality incorrectly?Screenshot 1.pngScreenshot 2.pngScreenshot 3.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2021

Hi Akila,

Thank you for providing those screenshots. That's really strange. I tried replicating this on my site, and in my case, the expand works correctly: 

CleanShot 2021-04-28 at 16.56.20@2x.png

Can you send this to your site admins so they can raise a ticket with our Cloud support team? Then we can gain access to your site and see what's going on.

Let me know if you have any trouble!

Take care,

Shannon

Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Hi all,

Is there any word on this issue?  I'm approaching a year into Confluence Cloud, but I'm new to templates.  I tried using an Expand in a template and I see the exact same behavior; in fact, it doesn't actually show as an expand in a templated page; rather, it looks like an expand, but it's a) already expanded, and b) there's a red circle with a slash through it where the v is beside the expand title when you attempt to collapse the expand.

This appears to be broken functionality.  If a ticket hasn't been raised, please let me know and I'll raise one.

Randy

Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

I believe I am in error; I am seeing it work now; I was attempting to collapse it while I was editing the document.  Once I published it, it works as expected.  Chalk this up to user error.

Randy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events