Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The different verisons of cannot be retrieved

Niamh Dolan February 20, 2020

My team and I are having problems with a confluence page. The different versions are not showing modifications made since the 05/02/2020.  Each document/version appears the same as the original document. Has anyone experienced anything similar? 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2020

Hello @Niamh Dolan!

As I understand, all previous versions of a specific page look like the current version. By reading your description, I believe that this was the workflow before you noticed this issue:

1. A page was created
  2. Versions of it were created
  3. At some point, the current version is the only one that is reflected in the page history
  4. Any new edit to the page is reflected into previous historical versions

I tried to replicate this specific behavior but was ultimately unable to. I would like to understand a few points, here we go:

1. Is this behavior present in other pages?
  2. Are pages exactly the same as the current one or is there no difference when comparing versions?
  3. What happens if you copy this page into another space or parent page and add changes to the copied version?

Let us hear from you! Looking forward to your reply.  

Niamh Dolan February 24, 2020

Hi

1. This behaviour is not present on other pages

2. The versions are exactly the same, there is no difference when comparing versions

3. We have since been able to modify the page. However, we need to access information that was in previous versions

Many thanks,

Niamh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events