It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

The different verisons of cannot be retrieved Edited

My team and I are having problems with a confluence page. The different versions are not showing modifications made since the 05/02/2020.  Each document/version appears the same as the original document. Has anyone experienced anything similar? 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Feb 21, 2020

Hello @Niamh Dolan!

As I understand, all previous versions of a specific page look like the current version. By reading your description, I believe that this was the workflow before you noticed this issue:

1. A page was created
  2. Versions of it were created
  3. At some point, the current version is the only one that is reflected in the page history
  4. Any new edit to the page is reflected into previous historical versions

I tried to replicate this specific behavior but was ultimately unable to. I would like to understand a few points, here we go:

1. Is this behavior present in other pages?
  2. Are pages exactly the same as the current one or is there no difference when comparing versions?
  3. What happens if you copy this page into another space or parent page and add changes to the copied version?

Let us hear from you! Looking forward to your reply.  

Hi

1. This behaviour is not present on other pages

2. The versions are exactly the same, there is no difference when comparing versions

3. We have since been able to modify the page. However, we need to access information that was in previous versions

Many thanks,

Niamh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,411 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you