The cell options in the table seem to be missing so I cannot change a cell background

Miriam Cox January 25, 2023

When I create a table in Jira, I have recently experienced that the cell options feature is not displaying all features.  For example I often use the merge cell functionality and background colours to a cell, but they are not available always.  I cannot figure out why it works in some cases and not others.

I have tried deleting the table and re-adding but this doesn't work either.

cell options.png

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

@Miriam Cox which specific Jira product are you using, and are you inserting this table in the Description field on an Issue?

Miriam Cox January 25, 2023

I'm creating a user story in Jira software and I am creating it in the description field.

Kelly Sofia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 18, 2023

@Miriam Cox I think there's a bug, but I found if I scrolled to the bottom of my table and waved my mouse around the base it would end up finally displaying the "Cell Options" menu. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events