• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

The Undo button is no longer available on my toolbar after the latest UI changes, where did it go?

Viewing page 2 of 2

34 answers

I literally look this up weekly; what a time suck. Please put those buttons back. 

Agreed, it would take nothing to put these buttons back on. Maybe one developer hour. And they've agreed to do it. So WTF?!

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with products trying to overdesign crap that already works. No undo for an editing app is ridiculous. 

Quit solving for things that work and bring common sense back into the design workflow.

Now, where's my button to UNDO!?

When are we getting this back?  Every time I make a blunder I have to go hunting to find how to get the changed / deleted content on the page back.  Whoever thought this was a good idea mustn't have consulted with many users.  And it's been over a year now.

A breathtakingly silly design choice. Please put them back. 

Stupidity born of arrogance.

But what I don't get is that they've already agreed to put them back - they just won't commit to when. (As if this could take a developer more than a few hours work - the code exists, the icons exist.) Just put them the hell back! Or are they too proud?

Like Chitra Patil likes this

Please bring it back! 

Or perhaps remove some of the other useful buttons too, just to show exactly how little you listen to your users!!

Whoever was the decision maker for removing this should be demoted. Hiding and icon and expecting someone to KNOW the keyboard shortcut for it is absurd!!!! This is a web-based program, not a local one, and most users will look for icons or menus for commands for things they can or can't do. 

I just lost an ENTIRE DAYS WORK because of this, and more importantly this was done because of the stupid formatting that is done. How could a program DELETE EVERYTHING PRIOR WITH ONE HIT OF THE DELETE KEY when NOTHING WAS HIGHLIGHTED!!!!!

Horrible design... go back and learn from other applications before.... NOT HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!

Control Command Z on my mac in confluence doesn't work.  I undid some typing and now can't get it back.  This is completely stupid these buttons are gone.  Developers don't assume everyone is a linux CLI over-nerd who has all the keystrokes memorized and force your culture on your user base.

I started programming at five years old, and have been in IT for 20 years and I didn't have the 'redo' keystrokes memorized.  I had to look them up, find this thread, and then discover the keystroke doesn't even work so it seems re-do does not work in Confluence.  A button would give more confidence that I can actually send the command to Confluence to redo.

The shortcuts for "undo" don't work.  Please post the new shortcuts so we can recover our work.

It's the middle of 2020 and still no sign of the undo/redo buttons. The menu bar has emojis, obviously critical for millennial morons that can't tell the difference between technical documentation and updates to their Instagram account, but no undo/redo buttons. No wonder our Confluence is littered with dead pages, broken layouts and links to O365 documents. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence Cloud

Please tell us how you use Confluence space settings

👋 Hi there, a few of us at Atlassian would love to learn about how you use "space settings" functionality in Confluence. A facelift to the space settings is long overdue and we want to start with im...

112 views 5 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you