Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved from the container

Graeme September 3, 2012

Confluence normally just starts on my single user system (Windows 7 64bit) but today gives the error below. Reboot does not fix it. I had accepted a Java upgrade earlier in the day and so wondered if that might be the cause. However, I restored my system so now it has Java 6.0.240.7 and the issue remains - so this may be unrelated.

System Error

A system error has occurred — our apologies!

For immediate troubleshooting, consult our knowledge base for a solution.

If you would like to receive support from Atlassian's support team, ask your Confluence administrator to create a support issue on Atlassian's support system with the following information:

1.a description of your problem and what you were doing at the time it occurred

2.a copy of the error and system information found below

3.a copy of the application logs (if possible).

Your Confluence administrator can use the support request form to create a support ticket which will include this information.

We will respond as promptly as possible.

Thank you!

Return to site homepage…

The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved from the container. Therefore very limited information is available in this error report.

The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Cause

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:152)

caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager.getComponent(ContainerManager.java:33)

Stack Trace: hide

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:152)

at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:115)

at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceEncodingFilter.getGlobalSettings(ConfluenceEncodingFilter.java:45)

at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceEncodingFilter.getEncodingInternal(ConfluenceEncodingFilter.java:35)

at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceEncodingFilter.getEncoding(ConfluenceEncodingFilter.java:27)

at com.atlassian.core.filters.encoding.AbstractEncodingFilter.doFilter(AbstractEncodingFilter.java:38)

at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at com.atlassian.core.filters.HeaderSanitisingFilter.doFilter(HeaderSanitisingFilter.java:44)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at com.atlassian.confluence.servlet.FourOhFourErrorLoggingFilter.doFilter(FourOhFourErrorLoggingFilter.java:65)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager.getComponent(ContainerManager.java:33)

at com.atlassian.confluence.util.LazyComponentReference$Accessor.get(LazyComponentReference.java:44)

at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.Lazy$Strong.create(Lazy.java:88)

at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$Sync.run(LazyReference.java:326)

at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:146)

... 24 more

Referer URL

http://localhost:8090/display/P/Home

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

To my knowledge, such errors usually appears because the JDK was not the one supported (OpenJDK or other version). Since you're on Windows, I suppose it's not the case.

I would advise you to open a case on the support

1 vote
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Hi Graeme,

I'm assuming that you're getting the above stack trace from the atlassian-confluence.log file, so you can try looking at the catalina.out file that should contain additional information.

If it doesn't help, please go ahead and open a support ticket at href="https://support.atlassian.com%20">https://support.atlassian.com for further assistance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events