The Confluence Cloud editor is severely slow. Is this happening to everyone?

Woojin Kim January 16, 2023

Since the outage on January 13th, the Confluence Cloud version editor has become severely slow. When typing in the editor, it takes almost 30 seconds for the text to be input and during that time, the connection is frequently disconnected and the editor freezes repeatedly. This is causing serious problems with work.

I am aware that there have been issues with the editor being slow in the past, but the current state is much more severe and cannot be compared to the previous situations.

I am curious if this situation is only occurring on specific Confluence sites or if it is happening across the entire Confluence Cloud.

5 answers

0 votes
Woojin Kim January 18, 2023

I received a reply that the problem was identified and corrected after I made a support request two days ago. Now it seems normal. However, I still don't think the editor is operating fast enough, but it's not slow enough to be almost impossible to use like before.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2023

Hi @Woojin Kim ,

my instance works well. Try with another browser in order to verify that is not a client issue.

Fabio

Woojin Kim January 18, 2023

Thank you for checking. I have sent a support request to identify the problem. Fortunately, there were other instances experiencing the same symptoms, so we were able to solve the problem, not just on my instance.

0 votes
Woojin Kim January 16, 2023

It is likely that the web browser cache and extensions are not the cause of the problem. The same issue is occurring on multiple different machines, so a support request has been made. I will update the progress later.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2023

@Woojin Kim In addition to contacting support I would suggest clearing your browsers cache.  I have seen Confluence function poorly when JavaScript that is cached is causing issues.  Just something to quickly try and see if it resolves the issue.

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2023

Hi @Woojin Kim ,

If the issue is for all users in your site and for all pages, then please contact the Atlassian support directly https://support.atlassian.com/contact/.

If the issue is only for few users, then
1. Disable any add-ons/extensions in the browser
2. Clear browser cache and retry

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders