cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary field in confiform

srinath swaminathan December 2, 2021

Hi Team,

This is related to confiform.

I have created a form and trying to give the users a provision to copy details from another request of theirs on the same form , by allowing them to enter the request id into a field and used lookup and set value rule to fill other fields based on that request id field. The users then make amendments to those entries and submit a new request. The problem here is that the request id field is also getting inserted into the table and whenever the form reloads, the lookup rule is overwritting those values again.

Can you please let me know if there is any way that I can have a field that allows users to type something but that field doesn't go into the database so that I can use the value to just do the lookup.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2021

Hi

You can set up another field to use for lookups, not necessarily reuse the existing "request id". And show this lookup field only when record is new (not yet submitted). Hiding original "request id" field

With ConfiForms Rules for Field Definition macro to show/hide fields and condition to be id:[empty]

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events