Tasks are not on profile

Kevin Gillen March 4, 2019

I'm using Confluence and JIRA cloud and just started adding tasks.  I went to the "Profile" page to see all tasks that were created, but there's no "Task" option on the profile page as it shows in the other support articles.  What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Hi Kevin,

I am not on the Confluence Team, but I will try to help.

When you mentioned the other support articles, would you mind providing some links?

It's possible that you are using one edition (Cloud or Server) or versions of Confluence but the articles are for another other edition or version.

I hope that helps!

Kevin Gillen March 5, 2019

Thanks, @Marty .  

Here are the articles i was looking at.  We're using Confluence and JIRA cloud.

Add, Assign, and View Tasks

How do I view all of my tasks on Confluence?

Like Marty likes this
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2019

Hi Kevin,

If I click on my avatar in the bottom of the left nav bar, I see an item in the menu called Tasks.  Do you see that item in the list?

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 6.53.03 am.png

Kevin Gillen March 5, 2019

Martyn -

Thanks.  I see it now, and I swear I looked there repeatedly yesterday ... :)

Like # people like this
0 votes
Ida Sa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2023

hi, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to tell you what the issue was so that others can be helped by this.

The issue that you saw was because of the product instance that you were in at the time that you viewed the profle.

In the Jira product the profile looks like this:

Jira_profile.png

In the confluence product the profile looks like this:

confluence profle.png

This makes sense because your tasks are primarily used as a notification in Confluence for a particular user.  So this is very well designed.

Also you will note that the gearbox settings are different between the two products as well, as they should be.  (note: profile settings, see screenshots above, are also unique between the two products) 

Hope this helps

Warm regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events