Tables old style editing

Stephan Duenner August 15, 2019

Hi there

I am not so happy with the new UI for tables in confluence.

I am used to handle the table creation and edit with the buttons in the iconbar on top.

Also the tables are always expanded to the screenwidth which i do not like.

Is there a possibility to get the old style edit back?

Best regards

Stephan

2 answers

2 votes
mitchell balsam August 26, 2019

I stopped using jira since you added so much garbage, it became a useless tool. 

I fear the same thing will happen with confluence.  Why cant we use the old editing experience. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2019

Hello Mitchell,

We definitely don't want that to happen, so please provide your feedback in the discussion I linked above, or you can set up an appointment with a Confluence Product Manager and provide your feedback directly. I'm sure he will be interested to hear what you have to say!

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2019

Hello Stephan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you.

It is not possible to switch back to the old style. This new editor is the one that is going to be replacing the old editor entirely on all instances.

In terms of the width of the table, you can click the button <- -> and it will expand or shrink depending on your preference.

We have some upcoming feature for tables in the new editor which you can review at Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap. Things like sorting tables, sticky headers, and reordering cells and columns.

If you have any further feedback, please feel free to participate in the ongoing discussion, Try out the new editing experience.

Let me know if you have any trouble or questions about any of that

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events