It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Table of Contents links stopped working

Natalie Grant Aug 06, 2013

Hi! I used to be able to click on sections in the Table of Contents macro at the top of a page, which would jump me down to the correct part farther down the page. They've been working just fine until very recently -- ALL my table of contents are now not jumping.

For the record, when I click, the URL in the address bar DOES add the #section still -- just nothing happens. Please help! We send deep links to colleagues often and so really rely on this functionality. Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Knight Atlassian Team Aug 06, 2013

Do you have any special characters in the page heading or the headers (e.g. parenthesis, commeas, umlauts, etc.)? It could be the following bug: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/TOC-157

Natalie Grant Aug 06, 2013

Thanks, Michael! I double-checked, and unfortunately even headings without special characters aren't working. But this bug might be the cause of why THOSE headings aren't working. I just don't know why the others would be affected to (I did the test/trial suggested on the page you linked to).

Michael Knight Atlassian Team Aug 07, 2013

Feel free to raise a Support case and we can look into this further for you.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

950 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you