Table of Content Not listing any content

Rubini
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 26, 2021

Hi Team,

I tried to include the TOC to my content which did not use any template.

I cannot view the preview content for TOC. Got a little message stating the preview is not working 

image.pngIt's not working either ways.

Kindly assist, what should has do to link the content in TOC

Thanks,

Ruby

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2021

Table of Contents Macro is fed and populated based on the Text Styles. It will populate a list with Heading 1 at the top and all other headings nested below that. Does your page use headings or is it just using normal text? If so, switch some of your section headers to Heading types instead of normal text and retry.  

I happed to love using the ToC macro and hope this solves your problem!

Rubini
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2021

Thanks Andy, I changed the titles to H1 and used Table of content instead of TOC macro. It worked finally as expected.

Kind Regards,

Ruby

Mate Toth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 18, 2022

Hi Ruby - I'm having the same issue, but I don't seem to have any other option than the TOC macro... what are you referring to as Table of content vs TOC macro? Thanks, Máté

Mate Toth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 21, 2022

not sure what happened earlier, it works now

Min Kim
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 23, 2022

Thanks Andy! Your answer gave me a clue. I had my heading in bold. By reverting it to normal, the table of contents lists it now.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

That's fantastic! Glad to hear you discovered the issue and were able to correct it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events