Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Column Widths are being reset when editing the page

LHofman January 4, 2021

If I want to have a table with either a lot of columns or just a few wide columns I can make the table scrollable and larger than the screen by dragging certain columns to be very wide and back to thinner afterwards (already a very annoying workaround). When I publish the page this works, but after someone edits the page again, the table columns are being reset to just 1/x of the screen size.

I just want to make a table for x users to note down some information daily, putting either the users as columns or the days and creating a table per week, the columns just get way to thin and the text becomes harder to read.

Is there any way around this? I also thought about creating a second header row in the middle of the table, to split the columns in two, but this is also no longer possible.

1 answer

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

If you have the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app installed for your instance, you may try the Table Transformer macro and its changing column width feature.

Here is an example with screenshots - just wrap your table in the Table Transformer macro and type in a custom SQL query.

LHofman January 4, 2021

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ , unfortunately, we don't have that app installed and I'm not sure that it's worth it for such a basic feature that I hope will get fixed/added by confluence in the near future.

John Johnson September 2, 2021

Yes this is a sad state of affairs indeed. But I have published a work-around here that is at least workable until Confluence is fixed with this most basic table functionality:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-do-I-add-horizontal-scrolling-to-a-table-or-page/qaq-p/1416509#M216663

Like LHofman likes this
Patrizia March 24, 2022

Do we have a Jira-Ticket for this bug? If yes, could someone post the link please. Thanks!

danmachen March 23, 2023

Would love an answer on this! Orderly database keeps defaulting to min width from full width everytime an edit is made to a page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events