System error - after migrate from Mysql to Mssql

just Bodz November 13, 2013

Goodmorning,

After migrating through the BackupToXml file option in Confluence and restoring the xml file into a new Confluence environment I get a system error.

The steps I took

1. Backup confluence inc attachments to a XML file, this site was using MySQL as Db
  2. Setup a new site with a fresh MsSQL database
  3. Put the Backup XML file into the restore folder
  4. Restore the backup XML file from the new confluence site without building an index
  5. Build index
  6. Testing the site, it all seems to work perfectly
  7. Restart the site
  8. After the restart I get the following system error
  9. Stop the site remove Cache folders doenst work, the error is all I get, Db connection setting seems to be correct.

I hope you can help.

Regards,

Justin Bodzinga

logo System Error

A system error has occurred — our apologies!

For immediate troubleshooting, consult our knowledge base for a solution.

If you would like to receive support from Atlassian's support team, ask your Confluence administrator to create a support issue on Atlassian's support system with the following information:

1. a description of your problem and what you were doing at the time it occurred
  2. a copy of the error and system information found below
  3. a copy of the application logs (if possible).

Your Confluence administrator can use the support request form to create a support ticket which will include this information.

We will respond as promptly as possible.
Thank you!

Return to site homepage…

The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved from the container. Therefore very limited information is available in this error report.
The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Cause

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:152)

caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager.getComponent(ContainerManager.java:33)

Stack Trace:[hide]

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:152)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:115)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.web.filter.LanguageExtractionFilter.getLocaleManager(LanguageExtractionFilter.java:63)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.web.filter.LanguageExtractionFilter.doFilter(LanguageExtractionFilter.java:48)
	at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.util.RequestCacheThreadLocalFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheThreadLocalFilter.java:25)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.web.filter.DebugFilter.doFilter(DebugFilter.java:44)
	at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31)
	at com.atlassian.core.filters.HeaderSanitisingFilter.doFilter(HeaderSanitisingFilter.java:44)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.servlet.FourOhFourErrorLoggingFilter.doFilter(FourOhFourErrorLoggingFilter.java:65)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:877)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:594)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1675)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager.getComponent(ContainerManager.java:33)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.util.LazyComponentReference$Accessor.get(LazyComponentReference.java:44)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.Lazy$Strong.create(Lazy.java:88)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$Sync.run(LazyReference.java:326)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:146)
	... 29 more

Referer URL

Unknown

2 answers

0 votes
just Bodz November 17, 2013

Goodafternoon Marcus,

Thank you for your fast reply. Unfortunately this is not the solution.

I change the password and disabled any password policy, but I still get the same error.

The strange thing is that after the restore of the Xml file, the confluence site is working good. After I have Indexed the site, the site is still working just fine.

But after I Restart the site, It just never comes up again. Something is going wrong by indexing the site.

I allready tried removing the index, and all the other temp files, but still the same error.

I hope you can help.

Regards,

Justin

Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2013

Hey Justin,

It seems we'll need to take a look at the log files.

Please create a ticket at Support.atlassian.com and attach your Support Zip as well so our Support Engineers can investigate what ay be happening.

Cheers

just Bodz November 24, 2013

Thank you for your comment, ive just created a ticket.

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2013

Hi Justin,

This seems to be the same problem from this KB article.

Try changing your database password and remember to change <conf-home>/confluence.cfg.xml as well before restarting the application.

Hope this helps.

just Bodz November 24, 2013

Goodmorning Marcus,

I hope you have another solution for this problem.

Regards,

Justin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events