Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Syncing pages automatically between spaces

Edited

Hi everyone!

We have a problem with granting permissions to a certain page within the space, as we need to assign permissions on the enormous amount of 1-level pages. And anyway it creates possible security issues. 

We have an idea just to synchronize necessary pages to another space and grant permissions to that space/page. Is it any chance to perform it automatically via some plugin?  

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne Community Leader Apr 01, 2021

Hi Shamin,

To my understanding you want to provide access to 1 single page for certain users but restrict access to all other pages in that space for those users?

Why not create a new space accessible for everyone and put that page over there? In your original page you could add an empty page and use the "include page" macro to include the page you moved to the other space.
This way the content is accessible in both spaces. I think this is the easiest solution.

If you really prefer to sync pages to another space you can try the Comala Publishing app.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Charlie Misonne thanks for the recommendation!

Hi @Shamin Nikita as suggested Comala Publishing does sound like it could support your use case, it is free to try from the Atlassian Marketplace for 30 days. If you have any questions, please contact our support team at https://support.comalatech.com

All the best

James
Senior Product Manager at Comalatech

@Charlie Misonne Wouldn't using the Include Page macro require the user to have the "View" permission in the source space?

Update: sorry Charlie, I re-read your reply and saw what you meant. That might work! 

Like Charlie Misonne likes this

Currently, Space Sync for Confluence is another option for this purpose.

Confluence Cloud Sync apps 

(Please note that I'm one of the folks behind Ricksoft that is the vendor of the app.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,381 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you