Suppress Picture link in Profile - anyone know which decorator(s)?

I want to remove the option for the user to add their own picture by suppressing the 'Picture' link in the profile view. Trouble is I can't figure out which decorator this is stored in, can anyone help me out? Ideally I would like to re-assign the right to add a picture to Admins only but one step at a time now.

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

It's a web-item in the bundled "Profile Tabs" plugin, which you can't disable.

In my opinion the simplest solution would be to hide the link with some custom CSS:

#section-list-yourprofile a[href="/users/editmyprofilepicture.action"] {
	display: none;
}

Though the action would still be available, but the user would have to know the exact url to access it.

Perfect! I am moving from a locked down 2.7.3 to doing some dev and testing in 3.4.6 and the last couple of days it has dawned on me how much I can do with CSS and user macros, completely changes my perspective! Many thanks.

Great, I'm glad that this works! If this answers your question, you may want to accept the answer to mark the question as answered.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

106 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you