Story Point vs Dates in BurnUp Reports

Jessie de Jong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 27, 2024

If someone removes the Story Points field from stories in a Sprint, and they still want Burn Up (and other Agile) reports, can it be done using date fields?

2 answers

0 votes
Jessie de Jong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2024

Thank you for your prompt response.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2024

You are most welcome

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2024

Welcome @Jessie de Jong ,

The short answer is no. If decided not to use Story Points as the estimation, you may also use amount of Time. Dates can't be used since it's not an estimated effort. Date fields are more used for when something starts or ends rather than the amount of effort. Dates is also used when you want to indicate when an issue should be fix or when a sprint will end. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events