Stop Email...all email

Anthony Hook September 15, 2013

Is there a way I can just stop JIRA and Confluence sending emails, I dont want this or need it at all, and I cant see any way to stop it.

My userbase doesnt want to be spammed they simply want to log in and search for stuff when they need it.

I just created a space with a team, while I was updating that space my team got 100 emails each! If i click manage watchers for the space it says I cant modify them...

The users also dont want to have to log in and unsubscribe they expect me..admin...to do this for them.

Is this a feature/bug??

Anyone have a way of stopping this, its not obvious to me and ive spent a good 30 minutes on it.

6 answers

1 vote
Brian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2013

If you want to stop all email whatsoever you can remove the mail server through the Admin console.

0 votes
John Masson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

Hi Anthony, it would be good to chat to you a little more about this, if you have time, drop me a note on jmasson at atlassian dot com and we can sort out a time for a quick 30 minute chat.

0 votes
Brian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2013

If this is a Confluence OnDemand instance, you'll have to contact Atlassian support to disable the plugin. In JIRA OnDemand, you can configure notification schemes per project to prevent notifications from going out, as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+Email+Notifications.

0 votes

Sadly this is not what I want, this would allow me to manage the email preferences for my account the admin account.

It does not give me the ability to stop confluence or jira sending emails to other users.

As admin I'd expect to be able to turn this off for everyone?

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

A quick response: can this not be done in the Confluence admin area? If not, if you go to the Email tab in your profile you can change the frequency and what is auto sent. This is for Confluence. I can't help with Jira. Cheers.

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2013

You should be able to do this by following the steps here.

Again, that allows me to tell users how to manage their own settings, but doesnt let me as admin manage them, or turn off emails completely. I checked the plugins as they say and there is no recommended updates plugin.

Like andres likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events