Statistics for Confluence version usage

Alexander Polonsky July 9, 2012

We recently launched a Confluence plugin on Atlassian marketplace (Mediamark). At this point, the plugin is only compatible with some Confluence versions. In order to optimize our resources, it would be useful to know the relative level of use for the major Confluence releases. The ones that interest us are only those compatible with the marketplace license manager (3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.2). Please let me know if this information is available somewhere.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

Alexander,

I can give you some data on visitors to the Confluence documentation. Doc usage is not product's use level per-se but you could extrapolate some information. The data are unique page views from the last 6 months:

• CONF30 18,730
  • CONF35 194,070
  • CONF40 71,631
  • DOC (current 4.2 space) 2,253,382

Cheers,

Mary

Alexander Polonsky July 11, 2012

Thanks, although these numbers are highly influenced by the fact that the latest version doc is the default one when you access it directly from the Web.

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2012

Yes, that is true. That is why I qualified the answer. You also have to remember that our OnDemand customers are usually on the latest versions.

0 votes
Derrick Isaacson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 10, 2014

We're struggling with the question of what versions of Confluence to support as well. We're finding it very difficult to support both 3.5 and 5.4 as the APIs changed significantly between them, and wondering which direction we should go. Can we get an update on which versions are being used?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2014

I can't answer your question, but you might find this useful: Compatibility

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events