Spaces visibility

Xurxo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2023

Hi all!

I have a question about the visibility of the spaces.

We want to share certain spaces with anonymous users and we have done so without any problem. However, when an anonymous user enters one of these spaces, he/she can see that there are other spaces in the "Spaces" menu in the top bar. Is it possible to avoid this? Is there any way to change the visibility of the spaces from other spaces?

Thank you very much!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

@Xurxo Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

You have hit on an unresolved issue. Granting a user anonymous access to a space does not change the user interface that the anonymous user can see. You cannot remove the Space Button/Tab in Confluence Cloud, and although an anonymous user would not be able to access the Space in the Space Directory, they will be able to see the name and icon. There is currently no work around for this as it would require the UI/UX to render differently based on the user access level, and there are likely too many variables for that activity.

I hope this helps.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

@Andy Gladstone 

Do you have a link to an Atlassian issue for that?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2023

@Trudy Claspill I looked for one in JAC and don't see any that touch on this issue. However, I assume it's because the UX/UI never changes, just the permission schema limits access even though buttons/tabs/queues are visible.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2023
Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2023

Thanks, @Andy Gladstone 

I'm working with a client that wants Anonymous access in Confluence Cloud. I'll be glad to be able to show them that this issue is documented.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2023

@Xurxo I hope your Atlassian journey is proving to be enjoyable. If my answer assisted you, please consider marking it as accepted. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events