Space for the large team

Zee May 23, 2018

hi! 

I am trying to create a space for our departments (marketing) that has few smaller teams Within Marketing Space I want to create pages or sub spaces for smaller teams. E.G. Creative or Events team within MKT dpt. Within each team subspace or page i want to be able to share links, create project pages. Basically, I am trying to have one hub that stores all marketing documents, but does not create tons of pages that everyone will see. So you will only see pages concerning specific sub space if you go there. As of now i create Space >> Pages >> Child Pages and they will show up for everyone to see. My concern is that once we have lot of pages, it defeats the purposes to keep things organized within smaller teams under Marketing umbrella. What is the best way to solve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

@Zee

Hi Zukhra,

if you decide to use a single space you should think about

restricting certain page trees to certain users / groups by using the page restrictions feature

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

We started in a pretty similar way, but decided to split the different teams to dedicated spaces (that only the teams had access to) combined with one space containing the "global" information (where all teams can contribute)

Cheers

Kurt

Paul-Julian May 23, 2018

Hi Kurt & Zukhra - We are trying to do this but have found having a 'global' space where all the content resides, when we distributed to other spaces, we found if the user was in a different space and open a page from the Global space, there were transported to where the content was located, and left the space which they were in. I also posted a questions here - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-do-I-create-content-in-one-space-but-distribute-it-across/qaq-p/796180

We have the same issues, how did you overcome this?

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2018

@Paul-Julian

Hi Paul

the mentioned macro would be one option, but having multiple spaces will surely cause switches between these for your users. So you should have a look to the page restrictions and using only one space.

Cheers

Kurt

Zee May 24, 2018

Thanks everyone for the input, really appreciate it! I am definitely leaning towards using only one space for global information and let teams create their own spaces for team specific documents and projects. 

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2018

@Zee

Would be great if you would mark these post as answered so that other users have an indicator 

Cheers

Kurt

Zee May 24, 2018

yep, just did. I am new here, so wasn't aware of the etiquette. Thank you for letting me know!

z

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events