Space Steward Info

Kim Wall October 1, 2012

Is there a good way to imbed space stewardship into a space where it can't be updated or removed? I know I could add it on a page when I create the space for people, but they can just remove it. Basically, we want to specify a space owner (steward), review date, etc for each space so that come yearly compliance reviews we have people to contact. The admins for a group can be fluid as any existing space admin can change that info. And we're not allowing just anyone to create a space, so the "created by" info won't be the steward.

Is it possible to add fields to the Space Details section? That would be helpful.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Hi Kim,

I created for you this feature request which will be analyzed for future versions:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27389

Regarding not allowing users to remove or update spaces, I believe you can manage this in "Space Admin".

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Hi Kim,

For the space owner, it is usually the user that creates the space (if it's a personal space), public spaces do not have owners, just creators that can specify space permissions according to their needs.

As for adding fields to the space details section, I researched here but I don't think that's possible unfortunately, we can create a feature request for it thought.

Cheers

Kim Wall November 27, 2012

Unfortunately, in a regulated corporate environment we have to have stewards. Especially in public spaces. We need someone who is ultimately accountable for ensuring the content fits guidelines. For our needs, we need steward, retention information, and a review date. I'm currently maintaining thati n a spreadsheet as I create the spaces. We don't allow users to create spaces on their own, they have to come through us. If we could have a feature for that that'd be great.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events