Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Import into OnDemand 5.1

Ashley Jones March 24, 2013

I am attempting to Import our Confluence Spaces' into OnDemand

I have downloaded the latest version of OnDemand Atlassian Confluence 5.1-rc4, and upgraded our version locally to it.

Then exported a Space and am attempting to import this Space into OnDemand.

The Space is a 5.1 Version and the file size is less than 100MB but I get the following error

I get the following error:

The following error(s) occurred:

• Your space export cannot be imported with this version of Confluence OnDemand. Please see the information below for more help.
<form class="aui long-label" style="margin: 0px; position: relative;" action="https://atdtravel.atlassian.net/wiki/admin/importspace/doimportconfluencespace.action" method="POST" name="spaceimportform" enctype="multipart/form-data">

Import a Confluence Space

Atlassian OnDemand can only import Confluence space backups from the same major version of Confluence. The current Confluence OnDemand version is 5.1, so backups can only be imported from Confluence 5.1.x. Please see the space import guide for more information.

For exports larger than 100MB you must upload the export to your WebDAV directory and import it from there. Please see our guide on Uploading Data via WebDAV for more information.

Also note that importing a Confluence space triggers a site reindex to allow you to search your data. This may take some time, and during this process users may experience slower than usual performance.

</form>

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Could you check your local Confluence build number from Administation > System information? As OnDemand Confluence build number is now 4207 and the space export must be the same build version to be improtable.

If these doesn't match, you can edit the Build number manually in the zip file; open the zip file and edit the (exportDescripror.properties) with the correct build number and put it back to the zip file.

All the best.

Ashley Jones March 24, 2013

Hi Razaq

Thansk for the help so far

I am still getting the same error

is 407 the correct build number?

I changed this

exportType=space
buildNumber=4214
backupAttachments=true
spaceKey=TEST

to this

exportType=space
buildNumber=4207
backupAttachments=true
spaceKey=TEST

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Checking the system info for OnDemand, it appears it's 4304 already :)

Ashley Jones March 25, 2013

Make sure you have the correct build number as explained below and this works a treat

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2013

We perform upgrades of Confluence every couple of weeks. Upgrades happen on Mondays, so each week that you wish to do space imports, you will want to ensure that your local version of Confluence has been upgraded to the version listed here: http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-od

0 votes
Robert Quinn March 24, 2013

NOT an Answer....

Import was previously resticted to major version compatibility, have you guys moved down to the build number?

This import version restriction creates a lot of problems. I spent yesterday "updgrading" spaces from 3.x to 5.0.3 only to find you guys upgraded me to 5.1 last night.

What a PIA!

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2013

Well, import and export of Full XML backups are still restricted to major versions. But space by space export/import must be done between the exact version of Confluence, and that has been the case for a long time. Check out this document. And the major version would be something like 5.0.3 to 5.0.4 (that's the same major version), but 5.0.3 aqnd 5.1.0 is not the same major versio.

You can also follow the Atlassian OnDemand Application version from this page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events