Sorting in page properties report

kA December 2, 2013

Hi friends,

I have a page properties in my page. So when i trying to sort the values by using the arrow in the column then it will display the list properly. But when i am trying to sort by column using the sort by property available in the page properties it is does not sort properly.

for eg. i reverse sort the value 10,11,12,7,8,9 and it shows the result in the following way 9,8,7,12,11,10 instead of 12,11,10,9,8,7.

How can i resolve this one,

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

it might be chronological order consideration, the sorting order changes.

ex: take 9,11

decreasing order would be 11,9

but it compares 9 and 1(first digit of 11),so 9 is bigger hence print in 9,11 order

0 votes
Sharon Connell June 6, 2019
0 votes
Nadja_Agreiter April 30, 2018

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem. Unfortunately using 01, 02, 03, instead of 1, 2, 3, ist not working. See screenshots. Any other suggestions?

Seiteneigenschaftsbereicht_Sortierung2.pngSeiteneigenschaftsbereicht_Sortierung.png

Thank you in advance!

Nadja

0 votes
kA December 5, 2013

Hi David,

Thanks for your updates, May i know what is the reason to add zero with the number.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2013

Are the values you are trying to sort editable? I believe instead of having values like 1,2,3,4 you may be able to change it to 01,02,03,04 and it may work correctly for sorting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events