Sorting. How do we sort text & tables etc. in Confluence OnDemand? (Still learning.)

2 answers

Table columns are sortable by default.  If you create a table on a page, after you save, hover over the title row, and you will see the sort arrows appear. Click anywhere in the title cell, and it will sort on that column's values.

Thanks for commenting Ted. (Per my comment left on one of my related questions): I like to have all content created sorted alphabetically by default (or via a quick manual step) - be it in a table or not in a table (e.g. on a native confluence page). E.g. Enter a list ZZZ AAA BBB on separate lines then click Sort (which I can't see in Confluence OnDemand) and whalla ... 3 lines of text sorted (Ideally same, or similar in a table). PS. I'm aware Confluence can sort by clicking the header of a table (which is most handy but doesn't stay sorted if you leave then return to the page) BUT from my tests I can't do same / similar when in edit mode on the table so it stays sorted.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,151 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you