Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort Alphabetically (A-Z) option not saving

Chris Bishell July 29, 2019

Hopefully a simple one. I have a group of child pages that I want to sort alphabetically by choosing the Sort Alphabetically (A-Z) icon. I do this and it sorts them but if I go back to the setting (Space Settings>Content Tools>Reorder Pages) it has reverted to manual sorting again. Any ideas why this setting is not sticking?

2019-07-30_081118.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Oz Edri March 1, 2021

Hi @Chris Bishell ,

At first you described an identical issue - after clicking on the Sort Alphabetically (A-Z) icon it seems that the pages are sorted, but as soon as the page is refreshed - the change is reverted.

Did you manage to solve this issue?

Oz Edri March 29, 2021

According to Atlassian it's a feature, not a bug.

When trying to sort pages we don't have edit permission on - the sort won't work for them.

Alternatively, users in the "confluence-administrators" group can sort them.

More information

Reorder pages not persistent

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2019

Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

I'm attempting to replicate this with a set of child pages on my instance, but I am not able to. The only thing I do note is that the icon changes from Screenshot 2019-07-31 at 13.45.16.png back to Screenshot 2019-07-31 at 13.46.09.png when I reload the
page, but the newly organized items still stay alphabetized. 

1. Can you please confirm this is not the case on your instance?
  2. Do all users replicate the problem?
  3. Does the same occur with all other pages and spaces when you try to replicate it? 

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Shannon

Chris Bishell July 31, 2019

Thanks Shannon. Yes, they stay alphabetized but what I want (and thought this would do) is order any new items by A-Z as soon as they were created. All users and pages have this behaviour it seems.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2019

Hi Chris,

Thank you for clarifying that. Indeed, it is expected behavior at this time, as mentioned in the following bug report:

A discussion was started here about it, I would encourage you to join in:

In the meantime, you will want to reorder pages after creating the new page.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Oz Edri likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events