Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SideBar - Missing Features

Jack January 31, 2021

I am currently reviewing the Cloud version of Confluence against the Server release in attempt to re-create a page from server on cloud. I am running into issues.

Space Sidebar
I am not able to modify the sidebar on cloud. I have no idea if this was removed, never thought of, or moved.

On Server, you have the ability to add custom content to the Sidebar. This has been a great feature for customizing a homepage.

confl - Server.jpg

On cloud, the ability to customize a sidebar does not appear to be available and is a huge omission. Looking under Look and Feel, Sidebar is missing as shown below.

Confl - Cloud.jpg

So my question is... Is this ability to customize the sidebar no longer available or has is been moved elsewhere? By chance, is there a plugin that is turned off by default?

To make a custom homepage handling multiple spaces, this is a critical need.

Thank You in advance!

Jack

1 answer

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2021

@Jack 

There are so many differences between Server and Cloud versions. Please don't try to give yourself extra work. Try to go through Cloud documentation to get more familiar with its features.

There are lot features in Server not available in Cloud, and vice versa.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-cloud-documentation-744721592.html

All the best

Fadoua

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2021

To support this, I wanted to add that Confluence Server and Confluence Cloud are simply not the same product any more, they branched years ago. 

Configuring the side bar is something the product owners for Cloud did not pick up as useful for the target audiences, unlike the Server product owners.

I would tend not to try to equate them any more beyond them having broadly compatible data.

Like Fadoua likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events