Sharing with Users

Megan Augustyn December 21, 2021

I imported a wiki site to my wiki Confluence Cloud and I would like to share it with some colleagues.  However, after I share, my colleagues still state that they do not have the permissions to view the Wiki site.  Any advice?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

@Megan Augustyn do these individuals have user accounts on your Confluence site? If not, you won't be able to share wit them. If yes, there may be a parent page or space permission that is blocking them from seeing nested content. 

Megan Augustyn December 21, 2021

How do I know if they have user accounts or set-up user accounts for them if it is not already done?  I thought I only had to share the site with them through the Share option at the top of the site.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

@Megan Augustyn you can search under People to see if they have user accounts. Since you are on the Free plan I am going to assume that they do not. If they don't, since Confluence content is locked to your site, you cannot grant page or space access to external users, with the exception of a Public space - but that means public to the entire world, not just a few select users. I am not sure whether the free plan supports this option either and would need to look into it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events