Share space between organizations or individual external users

Salva July 19, 2017

Hi,

We would like to have a shared confluence space between other organizations or even with individual users that are not part of Atlassian.

Is this something possible?

If not, any ideas about how to do this?

Many thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2017

There's a couple of options.

First, have a space that is visible to the users you set up for those organisations and individuals.  You'll need to check over your existing spaces to ensure that you do not accidentally grant them access to other spaces.  (For example, if you use "confluence users" to say "can see space" and you put them in that group to let them log in, they will see too much)

Second, allow anonymous access to that space.  They won't need to log in to be able to see it.  Two caveats - don't allow "write" for anonymous, or you will end up with untracked and possibly malicious edits.  And anonymous means "everyone who can see your confluence", not just your list of organisations and individuals.

Salva July 19, 2017

Thanks for your quick reply.

The second options is not valid since open spaces will be "visible" for anybody on Internet (and we do not want that).

About the first option you mentioned, I'm think you misunderstood it.

Imagine that our organization is https://Organization1.atlassian.net and we have there an space that we want to share with users from https://Organization2.atlassian.net .

Is it possible to create a group with people from Organization2 and configure their rights?

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2017

Yes, that's what option 1 was.  You'll need to add the people from Organisation2 into your user directory for the Confluence you want them to see, then add them to the space you want to share.

Like Alexander Khomchenko likes this
Salva July 19, 2017

Perfect!

How can I add people from other organization? I have been searching for it but I could not find anything

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2017

Go to user management and create new accounts for them.

Salva July 19, 2017

Ah ok, thanks!

I was thanking in something like organization2::user or something so there is no need to create the account (and therefore there is no need to pay extra money for users).

Many thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2017

No, the Atlassian licence is users on a service, not "user can use every Atlassian system everywhere"

Salva July 19, 2017

Many thanks for your answers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events