Setting default page title when creating a new space.

Gabriele Loibichler August 10, 2011

Hi,

We have installed confluence version 3.5.6 and german language pack v 1.19.1. Everything seems fine - except when I creat e new space - default page title of homepage is set to Home instead of Startseite.
I have already tried to modify default.page.title in ConfluenceActionSupport.properties File - but nothing fixed my problem. Can anybody help me ? I would like to modify default.page.title. Is this possible ?

Kind regards,

Gabriele

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
vchoy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2011

Hi Gabriele,

The default homepage title can be modified via the source:

In

com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.listeners.InitialSpaceContentListener

package com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.listeners;

public class InitialSpaceContentListener implements EventListener
{
    private static final Logger log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(InitialSpaceContentListener.class);

public static final String DEFAULT_HOMEPAGE_TITLE = "Home";  <---- This is the place to change the 

You can also recompile the: com.atlassian.confluence.setup.settings.Setting.java

private String defaultSpaceHomepageTitle = "Home"; and change this.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vincent

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2011

This will work, but it seems a bit sucky that we have an i18n definition for default.page.title and then ignore it and hard-code to "Home".

I will see if there is a bug report in Confluence for this - we should be able to fix it.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2011

This sounds like the same problem: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23054 please vote and/or comment if you are interested :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events