Setting default page title when creating a new space.

Hi,

We have installed confluence version 3.5.6 and german language pack v 1.19.1. Everything seems fine - except when I creat e new space - default page title of homepage is set to Home instead of Startseite.
I have already tried to modify default.page.title in ConfluenceActionSupport.properties File - but nothing fixed my problem. Can anybody help me ? I would like to modify default.page.title. Is this possible ?

Kind regards,

Gabriele

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Gabriele,

The default homepage title can be modified via the source:

In

com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.listeners.InitialSpaceContentListener

package com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.listeners;

public class InitialSpaceContentListener implements EventListener
{
    private static final Logger log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(InitialSpaceContentListener.class);

public static final String DEFAULT_HOMEPAGE_TITLE = "Home";  <---- This is the place to change the 

You can also recompile the: com.atlassian.confluence.setup.settings.Setting.java

private String defaultSpaceHomepageTitle = "Home"; and change this.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vincent

Joseph Clark Atlassian Team Dec 07, 2011

This will work, but it seems a bit sucky that we have an i18n definition for default.page.title and then ignore it and hard-code to "Home".

I will see if there is a bug report in Confluence for this - we should be able to fix it.

Joseph Clark Atlassian Team Dec 07, 2011

This sounds like the same problem: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23054 please vote and/or comment if you are interested :-)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,011 views 22 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you