Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set default template for space

Ben Greene March 28, 2023

I am looking to set a custom template as the default for page creation within a space.

I've seen mention of using custom css here: How-to-set-default-template-for-home-page-and-child-pages

However from looking into where to find Custom HTML from my Confluence Administration page, it seems like it may not be enabled for Confluence Cloud: Can-t-find-custom-html-under-quot-look-and-feel-quot-section 

Is there a way to do this / enable the option for the 1st method?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2023

Hi @Ben Greene you can't enable custom HTML in Confluence Cloud. I'm not aware of any built-in method to set a default template within a space. The closest alternative would be to promote your desired template. When you create a page you can quickly select the "Promoted" tag in the template selector, and then select your desired template.

You could also disable all of the templates you don't need to limit the available choices shown to your users.

Ben Greene March 29, 2023

Hey @Connor 

That is a shame that it is not possible but I appreciate the response nonetheless!

For anyone else who is searching for this, there is a request for this feature that you can vote on here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-53447

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events