Send and email with a link to a Confluence page created by Automation schedule

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

I'm using Confluence Cloud

I have a Confluence Automation task that creates a new Status Report page (based on a template) on a Schedule (once every 2 weeks). 

I also have it send out an email to 4 people when the page is created, so we know to go review the report and update it. All that works great!

My question is, how to put a LINK to that page in the email. I assume I need to use a SmartValue, but the one I found doesn't put in a link. It just puts in the title and it is not. 

Please review and update the AID Weekly Status report on the newly created page. 
{{page.title}}

Does anybody know the smart value to make that a link?  

The only resource I can find is the Jira Automation smart values pages, and they don't seem to include that. 

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Ilaria Visco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

Hallo Kathy,

I had exactly the same problem and I solved it using the SmartValue {{page.url}}

0 votes
Gokul Balasubramaniyan June 9, 2022

Hey! 

Am new to Confluence too! Can I know how to generate reports? TBH, anything on reporting capabilities of Conf will be a help for me.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Hi Kathy,

So my first question is if this is related to early access to confluence cloud automation? The reason I ask is that without this I'm unsure how you're creating a Confluence page unless it's somehow related to a Jira issue. If you could and light me on this I might have some further ideas. One thing I'm wondering is if it is possible to automatically add watchers to the new page or not.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events