Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See new pages and edits in a space

Dwight Wyatt January 4, 2022

I would like to have notifications for a space when anyone edits a page or creates a new page.  

But, I do not want these as email notifications.  Just to show up in my alerts.

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 vote
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Dwight Wyatt Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!!

Unfortunately the answer is No. Notifications are added to the notifications center when someone does one of the following:

• Shares a page or blog post with you
  • Mentions you in a page, blog post, comment, or task
  • Comments on a page or blog post that you're watching
  • Likes a page or blog post that you're watching

The notifications center does not show notifications triggered because you're watching a space. Only watches on pages and blog posts are relevant here. As notifications should include all notifications, or at least provide the option to do so, this feature is clearly missed out during development or during design.

There's already a suggestion raised for this which you can refer here -> Add "Edit" page notifications to Workbox I would suggest you to vote for it and watch it for further updates. Hope this helps.

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

@Dwight Wyatt Welcome to Confluence!

There is currently no way to watch a space and opt-out of email notifications. By default watching will send email and create an alert in Confluence.

The parameters for emails and notifications can be found here:

Confluence Cloud Watch Space 

Dwight Wyatt January 4, 2022

Having alerts be ONLY in the application, AND/OR only go to slack would be much more attractive than email alerts.   This behavior is surprising and disappointing.

Anyway thank you for the prompt response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events