Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search with multiple terms

Timothy Chu November 6, 2019

The multi-word search doesn't seem to work. I am always getting the terms "OR"d, when I want them "AND"ed.

This is when I even I explicitly type AND.

My actual search term:

sequence AND measures

I get 141 results. "Sequence" by itself only gives me 9, so I'd expect no more than 9 by searching "sequence AND measures"

Tim

2 answers

0 votes
Timothy Chu November 12, 2019

Also, if I click on "Switch to the old experience", the query then runs properly (this coincidentally is the same search result as the search widget that works above). So this seems to be a bug i the "new" experience.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

Timothy, 

Your search structure is correct and should work and can be confirmed in Atlassian's documentation.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-search-syntax-724765423.html

Have you tried "sequence" AND "measures" to see if that makes a difference?

Timothy Chu November 7, 2019

No difference, though I have found a second search interface where it *does* work.

The one where it doesn't work:

If I do the search from the magnifying glass on the left, it does not work.

The results would appear with a URL of this form:

<domain>/wiki/search?text=sequence%20AND%20measures&search_id=acdcdc47-fdf8-43e3-bdf7-f3300725cc75

Where it does work:

If I do the search from a search bar widget embedded on my confluence page, it does work:

<domain>/wiki/dosearchsite.action?cql=siteSearch+~+%22sequence+AND+measures%22&queryString=sequence+AND+measures&search_id=07ebfac9-e445-4ab2-afd1-dd559b705507 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events